19.2.09

1.One night I took a bath in Rome. It was my only night in the city. And instead of going out with friends, I stayed in alone and took a bath in a white bathroom with a tall ceiling.

2.Now I'm taking tea by my bed with my kitten near the sill in the winter on a day it snowed like mad and I'm staying in to write something I will publish for it's questions and musings and strange specificity, an ethnographic account and investigative article on the way borders and middle eastern art correspond and how the arab world is shifting now.

feminism, solar houses & nice design, glasses, music collections, sustainable development, sleepovers, toast, cooking dinner at first, "you're not going to leave," my treat jameson, plaid shirts, films, talking about della, opening the door, dropping me off and not inviting him over

3.'A map is more unreal than where you've been
Or how you feel'
This is my favorite lyric.

4.You can buy a set of plates that map the city plan and geography of Sydney, Dubai, Las Vegas, and Cairo. They look as if they could all be the same place, and then you think how places come to mean something for us, completely unique of one another. And then you think borders might be real. When, in fact, they're not real at all.