27.1.09

things that i love now:

1. large plastic bottles of water you buy for 16 cents at italian supermarkets. we do not sell them this big in america nor must you buy them if you live in an old city in which the piping is old too. i love my swedish ex- roommates drinking these in one hand.
2. standing at the bar for a cafe macchiato whenever you want.
3. My Name is Red is written by a Turkish writer named Orhan Pamuk and translated into english.
4. a website called the selby.
5. this video by director Andy Bruntel, Into the Pines
6. and the band has another video that makes me think they're smart
7. homemade calendars; today was black ink and orange and blue for winter.
8. because it is the end of January, naturally, I'm going to a New Years party tomorrow.
6. 13 Tzameti
7. i went for a walk today without my purse, without my cell phone, to drop a brief letter in the mail. i wrote it by hand in three minutes.
8. having warm corn in cup as a treat, from a street vendor near Jumeriah beach on the Persian gulf.
9. getting off the bus in napoli in winter.
10. grants, freelance, friends with good taste in music